Fees and services
|Normal consultations (approx 50 minutes).
An additional fee may be charged for longer sessions (to be discussed).
|Additional fees may apply for letters and reports (to be discussed).
Australian citizens with Medicare cards are eligible for rebates through Medicare for psychological services to treat diagnosed conditions under a Mental Health Care Plan. To qualify for rebates you need to contact your GP for an appointment. Make sure you ask for a long appointment as they will need time to do a Mental Health Care Plan. They will ask you some questions and fill out forms to forward to Medicare. If you wish to be referred to me, please ask them to refer you to Muriel Cooper, 7 Iluka Place, Mornington 3931.
What you need to do
You will need to bring the care plan and the referral letter to your first session with me, or ask the clinic to email or fax it to me (email firstname.lastname@example.org – fax: 03 99232736. You may begin claiming from the date on the referral/plan. You will receive $87.75 back from Medicare for each session you attend. You will be eligible for six rebatable sessions with your first referral and after that, a further four sessions - (if you attend your GP for a brief visit if before six months of the referral date, or a review if after six months); this makes a total of ten rebatable sessions for the calendar year (January 1 to December 31).
Please note I do not bulk bill - payment needs to be before or at the conclusion of the session when an invoice will be issues and you can then put in a claim.
For Health Insurance rebates - please contact your fund for confirmation of your cover.
Payment of fees
Session Fees (to be paid before or on the conclusion of the session) are paid by cash, credit card or direct debit (no Amex or Diners). Students and pensioners may be given a discounted fee. I can process your Medicare rebate for you. Please note I do not bulk bill for Medicare except in exceptional circumstances. You will need to make your own claim to your health insurance fund.
Some typical issues/problems in addition to stress, anxiety and depression:
- Adjustment issues (getting used to new circumstances in life)
- Generally how to achieve contentment and happiness in life
- Eating disorders
- Fear of flying or fear of anything (including phobias)
- Grief and Loss
- Helping individuals and families caring for a loved one
- Relationship and couple counselling
- Workplace issues
- Self-development and self-confidence
- Obsessive or intrusive thoughts or behaviours
Talks and workshops in Melbourne
As a recognised public speaker - I am happy to provide a custom-made talk, after-dinner speech or workshop for your organisation or business, or for your seminar/conference/event. My current full-day workshop is 'Mindfulness and Brain Training' (register for my newsletter to recieve news and updates).
For seminar and function talks, suggested talk topics are:
- Back to Basics - Stress 101
- How to use your mind to train your brain
- Using mindfulness to overcome stress, anxiety and depression
- Why we have two brains and how to make them work for us
- Meet your 'Inner cave-person' and be enlightened
- Hardwiring happiness
- What's holding you back? - self-confidence/image/esteem; wellness, moving on, & more
- Optimise your performance in (sport/love/life etc.)
- 'Lost in transition' - How to cope with change
- How to build and maintain lasting relationships
- 'Stand up and be counted' - How to be assertive
- How to put more joy into parenting teenagers
- How good communication skills can change your life
- How to avoid the SAD Cycle! ‐ (Stress - Anxiety - Depression)
- Relaxation skills and stress management
Payment to be negotiated.